In Artemis, zones can be any physical area where plants are stored and moved inside a facility. A zone could be a room, a row, a series of towers, or rafts. Zone names are customizable and should match how users normally think about your physical space.
Set up sub zones to track more detailed movement of batches.
To create a zone:
- Click on Zones in the menu bar.
- In the upper right corner, click the green Add Zone button.
3. In the Name this zone field, type a name for the zone. Name the zone whatever it's called in your facility. An example is Germination.
4. If that zone uses a type of growing system, such as NFT or Ebb and Flow, make a type selection in the Type of System dropdown. If there is no growing system, select None from the options.
5. Select a seeding unit for the zone.
6. Input the seeding unit capacity. The capacity should match the seeding units. For example, if you select Towers as a seeding unit, input the total number of towers that can fit into this zone.
7. Within each zone, multiple grow systems or areas are referred to as Sub Zones. For example, if there's a pond raft system, identify each pond as a sub zone in the Sub Zones (optional) tab. Name each sub zone and mark it as active or inactive using the checkbox.
8. Click the green Save button.
9. The newly created zone will appear in the list of zones.