In Artemis, zones can be any physical area where plants are stored and moved inside a facility. A zone could be a room, a row, or a series of towers or rafts. Zone names are customizable and should match how you normally think about your physical space.
Set up sub zones to track details within a zone, like NFT channels or shelves for vertical farms.
To create a zone:
- Click on Growth Cycles in the navigation menu.
- Click on Zones in the menu bar.
- In the upper right corner, click the the green Add Zone button.
- In the Name this zone field, type a name for the zone. Name the zone whatever it's called the in your facility. An example is “Germination.”
- If that zone uses a type of growing system, such as NFT or Ebb and Flow, make a type selection in the Type of System dropdown. If there is no growing system, select None from the options.
- Select a seeding unit for the zone.
- Input the seeding unit capacity. The capacity should match the seeding units. For example, if you select “Towers” as a seeding unit, input the total number of towers that can fit into this zone.
- Within each zone, multiple grow systems or areas are referred to as Sub Zones. For example, if there's a pond raft system, identify each pond as a sub zone in the Sub Zones (optional) tab. Name each sub zone and mark it as active or inactive using the checkbox.
- Click the green Save button.
- The newly created zone will appear in the list of zones.