In Artemis, zones can be any physical area where you store and move plants inside your facility. A zone could be a room, a row, or a series of towers or rafts. Zone names are fully customizable and should match how you normally think about your physical space.
You can also set up sub zones to track details within a zone, like NFT channels or shelves for vertical farms.
To create a zone:
- Click on Growth Cycles in the navigation menu.
- Click on Zones in the header.
- In the upper right corner, click the the green Add Zone button.
- In the Name this zone field, type a name for the zone. You can name your zone whatever you call the zone in your facility. An example is “Germination.”
- If that zone uses a type of growing system, such as NFT or Ebb and Flow, you can make a selection in the Type of System dropdown. If there is no growing system, select None from the options.
- Select a seeding unit for your zone.
- Input the seeding unit capacity. The capacity should match the seeding units. For example, if you select “Towers” as a seeding unit, input the total number of towers that can fit into this zone.
- Within each zone, multiple grow systems or areas are referred to as sub zones. For example, if you have a pond raft system, you can identify each pond as a sub zone in the Sub Zones (optional) tab. You can name each sub zone and mark it as active or inactive using the checkbox.
- Click the green Save button.
- The zone you created will appear in the list of zones right away.