In Agrilyst, zones can be any physical area where you store and move plants inside your facility. A zone could be a room, a row, or a series of towers or rafts. Zone names are fully customizable and should match how you normally think about your physical space.
You can also set up sub zones later to track details within a zone, like NFT channels or shelves for vertical farms.
To create a Zone:
- Click on Growth Cycles in the navigation menu.
- Click on Zones in the header.
- In the upper right corner, click the the green Add Zone button.
- In the Name this zone field, type a name for the zone. You can name your zone whatever you call the zone in your facility. An example is “Germination.”
- If that zone uses a type of growing system, such as NFT or Ebb and Flow, you can make a selection in the Type of System dropdown. If there is no growing system, select None from the options.
- Within each zone, multiple grow systems or areas are referred to as sub zones. For example, if you have a pond raft system, you can identify each pond as a sub zone in the Sub Zones (optional) tab. You can name each sub zone and mark it as active or inactive using the checkbox.
- Afterwards, select a seeding unit for your zone.
- Finally, add the total capacity for each zone. The total capacity should match the seeding units. For example if you select “Towers” as a seeding unit then add the total number of “Towers” that can fit into your zone.
- Click the green Save button.
- The zone you created will appear in the list of zones right away.