Splitting a crop batch enables growers to break an existing batch into two or more batches for the purpose of traceability. The new batches have their own unique identifiers and growers can assign them to different zones within their facility. To split a batch:
- Find the desired batch by navigating to the Tasks where all batch actions are completed.
- Click on the unique identifier of each batch to view the batch page.
- Once on the batch page, click the purple Split button to view the Split pop-up.
- Enter the identifier for the split batch. The default identifier will be the name of the original batch plus “-split.”
- Enter the desired quantity to split from the original batch.
- Enter the zone for the split batch as well as sub zone (if needed).
- Scan or enter a new barcode for the split batch and click Add Barcode (if needed)
- Click the green Split button.