Custom Fields are a feature that lets you add your own custom metrics to track on your crop batches. Once you create a Custom Field, it will show up as a form field when you edit crop batches.
Creating a Custom Field
1. Go to your Settings by clicking the gear in the upper right corner of your screen, next to your name.
2. Click on Custom Fields
3. Enter a category that you would like to track on your batches and select what type of input you will put in for it, either text or a number. For instance, if you want to track what brand seeds you use for a certain batch, you could type in "Seed Manufacturer" and select "text" as the input.
4. Check the Active checkbox next to your new custom field if you want to start using it. Custom fields with the active box checked will show up on your batches, but unchecked ones will not.
5. You may enter multiple custom fields at a time this way.
5. When you are finished, click Save
Using a Custom Field on a batch
Once you have created a custom field, there are two ways to enter data into it.
From the batch:
1. Go to the Crops tab.
2. Click on one of your batches.
3. Click "Edit Info" which will bring up a pop-up with the new custom field.
4. Edit the field and click Save. Now you can see the data on the batch page.
When you seed a batch, you can access custom fields on the second tab.