Growth Cycles are Artemis's system for planning and managing crops. By creating a growth cycle, growers can set up a template to describe how their crop will move through their facility from seed to harvest.
To create a Growth Cycle:
- Click on Growth Cycles in the main menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the green Add a Growth Cycle button on the top right corner of the Growth Cycles tab.
- Set the crop and variety by choosing a crop from the dropdown list and enter a crop variety in the text box. Then click Continue.
- See the page for the new growth cycle. Customize the name using the text box in the upper left corner. By default, the name will be the variety and crop. The crop and the variety of the Growth cycle can also be changed by clicking the edit icon.
- The first action by default will be to Seed. Create the Growth Cycle by dragging and dropping additional actions from the sidebar into the timeline.
- Click the Edit icon on the right side of the action to customize quantities, time periods, zones, and more.
- Once the growth cycles have been set up, click Save + Exit.
Below is more information on customizing a growth cycle, including how to create crop actions and how to create repeat actions.
Creating Crop Actions for a Growth Cycle
- By clicking the Edit button for Seed action, the quantity, seeding unit, zone, and sub zone can all be changed by clicking the Edit button for Seed Action.
- Wait actions represent the number of days before the next action for the crop. Put Wait actions between each of the other actions to space them out according to the crop’s schedule.
- Move actions represent moving a crop from one zone or sub zone to another. Drag a Move action to the timeline and select the Edit button to specify quantity, seeding unit, zone, and any other instructions. Changes can also be made during a move, but this is optional.
- Task actions represent other manual tasks, such as “Clean Drain” or “Trim Leaves,” that may apply to the crop. Add a name and task description by clicking on the Task action.
- Harvest actions are whatever harvest being performed, whether Complete, Partial, or Cut and Come Again. Complete harvests will represent the end of a growth cycle. There should only be one, and it will likely be the last action in the growth cycle. There can be many Partial or Cut and Come Again harvests, depending on the particular crop schedule.
- Dump actions represent clearing out the remainder of the crop. Use this action to conduct a Cut and Come Again harvest multiple times want to get rid of the rest. Similar to Complete harvests, Dump actions will be the end of the growth cycle and should be the last action.
To delete an action previously added to the growth cycle, drag it to the trash can icon in the bottom left-hand corner. Note Seed tasks cannot be deleted.
Repeating actions can also be created on this page.