Related Topic: Seeding Using a Growth Cycle
Growth Cycles are Agrilyst’s system for planning and managing crops. By creating a growth cycle, you are setting up a template to describe how your crop will move through your facility from seed to harvest.
To create a Growth Cycle:
- Click on Growth Cycles in the main menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the green Add a Growth Cycle button in the top right corner of the Growth Cycles page.
- Set your crop and variety by choosing a crop from the dropdown list and entering a crop variety in the text box. Then click Continue.
- Now you will see the page for the new growth cycle. You can customize the name using the text box in the upper left corner. By default, the name will be the variety and crop. You can also change the crop and variety of your Growth Cycle by clicking the Edit icon located here.
- Your first action by default will be Seed. Create your Growth Cycle by dragging and dropping additional actions from the sidebar into the timeline.
- Click the Edit icon on the right side of the action to customize quantities, time periods, zones, and more.
- Once you’re happy with how your Growth Cycle looks, click Save + Exit.
Below is more information on customizing a growth cycle, including how to create crop actions and how to create repeat actions.
Creating Crop Actions for a Growth Cycle
- By clicking the Edit button for your Seed action, you can change the quantity, seeding unit, zone, and sub zone for starting your crop. If you’d rather the language be “Start” the batch if you are not starting from a seed, you can also change that here.
- Wait actions represent the number of days before the next action for your crop. Put Wait actions between each of your other actions to space them out according to your crop’s schedule.
- Move actions represent moving a crop from one zone or sub zone to another. Once you drag a Move action to the timeline, select the Edit button to specify quantity, seeding unit, zone, and any other instructions. You can also make changes during the move, but this is optional.
- Task actions represent other manual tasks, such as “Clean Drain” or “Trim Leaves,” that may apply to your crop. You can add a name and task description by clicking on the Task action.
- Harvest actions are whatever harvest you will be performing, whether Complete, Partial, or Cut and Come Again. Complete harvests will represent the end of your growth cycle, so you can only have one and it will be the last action of your Cycle. You can have as many Partial or Cut and Come Again harvests as you want based on your crop schedule.
- Dump actions represent clearing out the remainder of your crop. Use this action if you conduct a cut-and-come-again harvest multiple times and then you want to get rid of the rest, or if you need to clear out your crop for any reason. Similar to Complete harvests, Dump actions will be the end of your growth cycle and should be the last action.
If you decide you want to delete an action you’ve added to your timeline, drag it to the trash can icon in the bottom left corner. You cannot, however, delete your Seed task because that action is required for a Growth Cycle.
You can also create repeating actions for your growth cycle on this page.